“The Holy Trinity” Church

Download laser 3D scanning data

“The Holy Trinity” Church, the year 1881. Patrimony number 638. Monument of local value. It is situated in Iltsi village, Verkhovyna district.
The first written attestation of the shrine dates from 1741. At first, a small church was built, then it was decided to erect a larger one that still exists today. There are memoirs, according to which the new church was built next to the smaller one, in operation.
From that church to the present day, the cross on the central dome and the largest wooden candlestick have been preserved. And the oldest church books date from 1785. It was initially planned that the church would be built on the site of a former bath, but because it was not far from a Jewish pub, it was decided that this neighbourhood was inappropriate.
According to oral testimonies, in 1881, when the new place of worship was completed, the old church was dismantled and given to the community of Voronenko village.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.