“The Holy Trinity” Church

Download laser 3D scanning data

“The Holy Trinity” Church, the year 1882. Patrimony number 1145/1. Monument of national value. It is located in Verkhniy Yaseniv village, Verkhovyna district.
The wooden church that still exists today dates from 1882. The walls under the eaves were covered with plastic panelling, and after the last repair, with engraved sheet metal – a traditional process for the mountain area. The church has a cruciform plan, two porches with glass windows and an annexe to the east wall of the altar. The walls under the eaves are made of exposed beams. The sacral edifice stands high on a stone pedestal. Its central part is covered with a flag-dome, and the side beams have a roof in the form of a flag with sharp peaks. As a whole, this massive construction has a pyramidal shape.
The wooden bell tower next to the church was built a little later, in 1917-1924, and also in the Hutsul style.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.