Zamca monastery complex

Download laser 3D scanning data

Zamca monastery complex, code SV-II-a-A-05485. A monument of international importance located west of the city, on Zamca Street. The most imposing religious ensemble was built by the Armenians from Suceava.
The main monuments within the Zamca monastery complex are the following:
The St. Auxentie church, with a rectangular plan, divided into narthex, nave and altar. The nave is vaulted in Moldavian style, but the typical Armenian influence is given by the presence of three altars, two of them placed in two apses in the wall.
The square bell tower, located on the east side of the enclosure wall. An inscription in Arabic shows that it was built in 1606. On the 1st floor, there is a chapel dedicated to St. Gregory the Illuminator, the national apostle of the Armenians.
The enclosure wall and the earth wave, built in 1690 by the Polish soldiers of Jan III Sobieski, who had their headquarters in Zamca for the Moldovan operations. There is a defense ditch built in a starry plan between the earth wave and the enclosure wall.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.