St. George’s Church (White Church)

Download laser 3D scanning data

St. George’s Church (White Church), code SV-II-mA-05489. A monument of national importance built, according to tradition, by Stephen the Great after the victorious battle of Baia against King Matthew Corvinus of Hungary (1467).
Located on Preot Dăscălescu Street, no. 3 from Baia (9 km from Fălticeni and 32 km from Suceava), is called the “White Church” because, like the Putna monastery, it was not originally painted.
In its current form, the church was restored between 1907-1908 by the architect Nicolae Ghika-Budești, promoter of the neo-Romanian style in interwar architecture.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.