The Ensemble of the Dominican monastery

Download laser 3D scanning data

The Ensemble of the Dominican monastery, 1742-1761. Patrimony number 234. Monument of national value. Located in: Bogorodchany, Shevcenko Street, no. 61.
The Catholic Church was built in Bogorodcheany in 1691. The first place was made of wood. Already in the first wooden church, in its main altar was the icon of the Virgin Mary (in her left arm she holds the baby, and in the right – the scepter), considered by believers to be a miraculous icon. In 1742-1761 a new stone church was built on the former wooden Catholic church site, with rooms for priests, sanctums, a series of household outbuildings, and a well was dug. In the churchyard, the monks planted a garden with a greenhouse. A high brick wall was built around the monastery buildings.
The complex suffered significant damage during the years of the First World War. In 1944 the miraculous icon of the Mother of God was taken to Poland. Nowadays, Orthodox believers pray in the rooms of the Catholic Church, and the music school operates in the other rooms.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.