St. Nicholas Church

Download laser 3D scanning data

St. Nicholas Church, year 1760. Patrimony number 1195/1,2. Monument of national value. It is located in Slyvky village, Rozhniativ county.
It was consecrated and canonized under the name of the Intercession of the Theotokos. But the village was periodically flooded by nearby rivers and its inhabitants had to move the church uphill, where the bell tower and cemetery were located. This happened in 1760. The new wooden church was named in honor of Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker.
The church is built of beams and has a cruciform plan. The two-level bell tower can be found in the churchyard. Not far away, a bell was installed on two metal pillars.
Inside the church, there is an original iconostasis and a Gospel written in Slavonic, as well as two old icons from the sanctification of the place. The icons “The Atonement of the Lord” and “Saint Nicholas” are still preserved.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.