“Dormition of the Mother of God” Church

Download laser 3D scanning data

“Dormition of the Mother of God” Church, the year 1854. Patrimony number 1198. Monument of national value. It is placed in Khlibychyn village, Sniatyn district.
It is a cruciform church (1854) with a bell tower (1826-1855). The wooden bell tower is located in the north-western part of the church. The church has a pavilion roof and two levels. The first level is made of beams, and the second is a housing.
It is known that the church in Khlibychyn-Pilne (this is the historical name of the village) existed in the second half of the 16th century. In the middle of the 18th century, a new one was built on the site of the old church, which functioned for a hundred years. In its place, in 1854, the village community built and consecrated a new wooden church that became a parish church. After a thorough restoration, the church was consecrated again in 1991.
During the last repair, the exterior roofs were covered with metal sheets, the windows were replaced with double glazing, and the walls were lined with plastic panelling.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.