“Ascension of Christ” Church

Download laser 3D scanning data

“Ascension of Christ” Church, the year 1806. Patrimony number 1025. Monument of local value. It is situated in Nadorozhna village, Tlumach district.
The first mention of the church in Nadorozhna dates from the second half of the 17th century. Probably, at the beginning of the next century, another church was built, also made of wood. A new church with three Hutsul-type towers was built in 1777, probably on the site of the older church. The church was closed from the early 1960s until the late 1980s.
After opening, the place was repaired. Then, most likely, tin was applied to the roof truss shingle, as well as the walls above the belt. The church has a cruciform plan and three peaks, and in the northern part of the altar was added an athenaeum. The church can be entered through two doors: from the west into the narthex and from the south into the aisle.
The walls beneath the belt have retained their original appearance – the dashes of the beams are uncovered, but admittedly, painted. In the southern part of the church, there is a wooden wide and a low bell tower in the corner of the courtyard with three levels.

Interesting nearby:

“This website has been produced with the assistance of the European Union. The contents of this publication are the sole responsibility of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union or of the Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 management structures”.
The Joint Operational Programme Romania-Ukraine 2014-2020 is financed by the European Union through the European Neighbourhood Instrument and co-financed by the participating countries in the Programme.